The significance of marketing in securing suitable occupants should be recognized by owners of rental properties. If you haven’t used them, virtual tours will lead you to a tremendous opportunity! Providing prospective tenants with the opportunity to virtually explore your rental properties can serve as an effective means of acquainting them with the features of the establishment prior to their physical visit. In the following paragraphs, we will discuss the advantages of virtual visits for the marketing of rental properties and the reasons why all rental property owners should implement them.
Virtual Tour Basics
A computer-generated simulation of a rental property that allows prospective tenants to virtually explore the premises is called a virtual tour. Virtual tours offer an immersive and comprehensive view of each room, in contrast to photographs that display the property from a restricted vantage point. In addition, virtual tours let potential tenants see how large rooms and other spaces would be as well as how their furniture will fit in the room.
Virtual tours of rental properties are preferred by many tenants, according to recent research. More than 70% of renters, according to data compiled by Zumper, were prepared to rent an apartment without physically inspecting it, on the condition that a 3D virtual tour could be utilized to do so.
Types of Virtual Tours
Prospective tenants may examine your rental homes from anywhere without physically being there thanks to virtual tours, which offer an immersive experience. Before they see the property, they will be able to assess whether the place meets their demands and grasp it. 360-degree, 3D virtual tour, and virtual reality virtual tours are the three primary varieties of virtual tours available to you.
1. 360-degree Virtual Tour: The process of constructing 360-degree virtual excursions involves the integration of multiple photographs to form a unified panoramic image. These images provide prospective tenants with a comprehensive view of a room in a single panorama, enabling them to navigate by clicking and dragging. For rental property proprietors who are new to the world of virtual tours, 360-degree virtual tours are an outstanding choice due to their inexpensiveness and are simple to create.
2. 3D Virtual Tour: For prospective tenants that want to navigate the property as if they were there in person, a three-dimensional (or “true”) virtual tour offers a more immersive experience than a 360-degree virtual tour. These tours are made by taking a lot of pictures of a rental home and then putting them together with specialist software. As a result of the substantial time and effort invested in generating outcomes of superior quality, three-dimensional virtual tours are predominantly employed for upscale rental properties.
3. Virtual Reality Tour: Virtual reality (VR) excursions are the most innovative and captivating method of property exploration. Potential tenants have the ability to virtually traverse the premises as if they were physically present by donning a VR headgear, which grants them access to every nook and cranny. Virtual reality tours were previously uncommon, but as VR technology becomes more widely available, they are showing up more frequently.
The Benefits of Using Virtual Tours
After discussing the fundamentals of virtual tours, let’s look at some advantages for marketing your rental property with them.
• Convenience. The convenience factor is by far the biggest advantage of virtual tours. Renters who are interested in your properties can visit them without having to leave their homes or work schedules. Renters from outside the state or from abroad who need assistance setting up a time to come and have a physical tour of the home may particularly benefit from this.
• 24/7 Availability. Virtual tours are accessible around the clock, every day of the week. This implies that prospective renters won’t have to accommodate your availability; instead, they can visit your rental units on their own time.
• Increased Online Engagement. Also shown to boost engagement are virtual tours. Digital presence in search engines or SEO can be enhanced with virtual tours for your rental property. Including a virtual tour in your property listing is an excellent way to increase your search engine ranking and provide Google with fresh content.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Tours
Now that you are aware of the advantages of virtual tours, the following advice will assist you in maximizing their use:
• Quality Matters. It’s better to use high-quality images and videos as grainy or low-resolution images are bad for virtual tours. Make use of high-quality virtual tour information if you want prospective tenants to appreciate your rental buildings.
• Include a Call to Action. Towards the conclusion of your virtual tour, include a call to action (CTA). Potential tenants are encouraged to take the next action, such as scheduling a showing or contacting you for more information, via a CTA, which can take the form of a statement or icon. A CTA encourages potential tenants to take action and get one step closer to signing a lease.
With virtual tours, you can give prospective tenants a taste of your rental homes without requiring them to come in person. It is ideal to begin employing virtual tours in your rental property marketing right now if you haven’t already. Contact your local Real Property Management office today to learn more about incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.