Various renters are keen on living more sustainably. And a big portion of sustainable living is reusing food containers to the full extent. Glass jars are especially easy to repurpose, seeing that they can be washed and then re-filled or recycled to create something new. If you were seeking methods to reuse glass jars, you might start with these ten easy ideas!
- Store bulk food items. Clean glass jars are good for storing food items bought in bulk, including nuts and seeds, grains, and baking essentials.
- Quick and easy meals. Use glass jars to store your leftovers or to make overnight oats for a delicious breakfast. For lunch, you can layer salad and toppings in a jar for an easy take-along meal.
- Drinks all around! A few glass jars work well as glassware for beverages. Canning jars are also sturdier compared to many other categories of glassware, which makes them perfect for the dishwasher and to use for all sorts of happenings, indoors and out.
- Create a hanging spice rack. Small glass jars can create a creative and ordered hanging spice rack for your kitchen. Only screw the lids of baby food jars to the underside of your cabinets, fill the jars with spices of your choice, and twist them on. This technique works great in the garage to store small hardware, too!
- Add natural beauty. For a cheap and effective touch of beauty, why not use a glass jar as a vase? Put some flowers and water and display them in an ideal area.
- Light it up. Repurposed glass jars are excellent as tealight holders. Load the bottom of a clean glass jar with sand, beads, or tiny pebbles, then add a tealight candle to produce one. Place it on a table, or put a handle of wire or twine to hang.
- Get down to earth. Another creative way to use glass jars is to craft a terrarium. With the use of soil, pebbles, bark, dried flowers, or whatever else you want, you can make an attention-grabbing display in a jar. These are a good idea for home décor or to give as gifts.
- Give the gift of dessert. You can make a tasty treat for friends and neighbors using repurposed glass jars. Layer the dry ingredients for cookies or brownies in the jar, put a bow and baking instructions, and gift away!
- Helpful home storage. Glass jars can be used to store small household items, for example, cotton swabs, makeup, office supplies, etc. For an even more creative twist, you could decorate the jar with paint, markers, or ribbon and then put it on a vanity, shelf, or desk.
- Save it up. If you are saving up for something special, you can utilize a couple of glass jars to assist you with following the progress you are making. Glass jars can be used as storage for loose coins and bills or even slips of paper. Drop them in and watch your savings grow toward your dreams!
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.